Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day Two, and "Top 5 Skinny Foods for 2010"

I found this article online and thought would use it in my weight loss efforts. Maybe it will be useful for you, too! (It originally had 6 foods, but the sixth "food" was Green Tea, and since I stay away from caffeinated products, I chose not to include it here).

By Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D., C.D.N. - Posted on Wed, Jan 06, 2010
Joy’s Healthy Bite


If you're looking for creative (and delicious!) ways to enhance your weight loss efforts, here's a fresh collection of six slimming foods you should add to your repertoire. I'm a firm believer that dieting and losing weight doesn't mean you have to subsist on bland, boring cardboard. With that in mind, I've put together a list of strategic skinny eats, each of which has its own unique way of satisfying your taste buds while blunting your appetite. I encourage you to peruse my list and use these tasty bites to your advantage!

Here is the first "Skinny Food"
1. Pumpkin Pudding: Decadent, creamy pudding for less than 150 calories--and it helps you lose weight! Just combine a 6-ounce container of nonfat vanilla yogurt with ½ cup canned 100% pure pumpkin puree and a dash of cinnamon. The pumpkin bulks up the yogurt--already a protein-rich, nutrient-packed food--and adds a hefty dose of fiber. This winning combo of protein and fiber expands in your stomach, keeping you full long after you finish, so you're not looking for more munchies an hour later. (Yum!)

Come back here tomorrow for #2!

WORKOUT - 57 minutes toning and stretching

Day Two Menu
BREAKFAST
Protein Smoothie - 0/270
SNACK
1/2 Granola Bar - 5g fat/105 cal
LUNCH
Baked Sweet Potato - 2g fat/150 cal
SNACK
1 cup nonfat milk - 0/90 cal
DINNER
Taco Salad - 13g fat/422 cal
SNACK
Fruit Smoothie - 0/160

Totals - 20g fat/1197 calories


1 comment:

Laura Dale said...

Love the pumpkin pudding idea! Can't wait to try it cause I need more fiber in my diet and I can only eat so many salads!